Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's OFFICIAL, she is ours!!

We are officially a family of six!  We went to the Registration Office today and took the oath to always love and care for her and never abuse her.  Let me stop first and give praise to God!!  We have asked many people to pray for Abby's adjustment, and I do not think it could go any better than it has.  He has definitely answered that prayer!


Abby is limping her way into our hearts.  I say limping because her limp is more pronounced than we anticipated.  But, that is okay because she is ours.  Taylor last night said you wouldn't send me away because I limped and we absolutely agreed.  She is precious, smiley and perfect!  If I had to choose one word to describe her it would be happy!  She is always laughing and smiling!!  It's hard not to quickly fall in love with her.  I am sure some grieving will set in but for now we are enjoying her happiness.  She is FULL of herself! If she is still opening up to us, we may be in trouble!  She is definitely going to give Andrew a run for his money as being the silly one in our family.


Thank you again for your prayers.  We are really enjoying Chongqing, our guide compared it to Manhattan.  Within a couple of blocks there is plenty to see, do, and eat!!



Abby putting her thumbprint on the Adoption Certificate.



Abby's first Starbucks with us.



4 comments:

  1. She looks so happy and I am so happy for you guys can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok in most of my updates on Facebook someone has said they had to blink thru tears to write and this time I have to say I am in tears. I am so happy for all 6 of you!!!! Looking forward to the 16th when I can give each of you a huge hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just so beautiful. Joy asked me this morning if there were any new pictures. She is very happy seeing Abby with her new family!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She looks so happy! Looking forward to the family's return and getting to meet her.

    ReplyDelete