Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chongqing Zoo

Today we went to the Chongqing Zoo.  We saw many animals, Abby told our guide she had never been to a zoo or seen any of the animals, only on TV.  Our favorites were the panda, monkeys and Tibetan bear.  The Tibetan bear was so funny.  You could feed the bears and they would do tricks for the food, they would spin in circles and roll on their backs.






Our guide asked Abby do you want me to carry you?  In Chinese she answered, No I want Baba(daddy in Chinese).  She liked being carried by H.O.




The best thing happened today~ I received my first hug from her!  I have been hugging her but she does not put her arms around you to hug you.  But today she was on a ledge to see an animal and I helped her back down and then she hugged me with all her little might!!  Later as Taylor and I were walking with her he had one hand and I had the other, she kissed his hand and then kissed mine, it was very sweet.  Since then she does that a lot!


Another first for us was taking her swimming today.  She loved it!  I think she had been before but it was a first for her to go swimming with us.




Abby lived in a foster home for four years until she went back to the orphanage a year ago.  She spent that time there with several foster brothers and sisters.  One foster sister that she lived with for those four years was adopted by a wonderful family in the States earlier this year.  That dear adoptive mother advocated for Abby and through her efforts is how we saw Abby for the first time.  They sent us a gift and letter to give to Abby.  Abby loved reading the letter (she is very good at reading Chinese characters) and opening the gift.  I thought that was so thoughtful of them, Abby is excited that we know her foster sister!!  Denise, here's a picture for you and Joy I'll email you more!  Thank you!




Tomorrow we get to tour her orphanage and later in the day meet her foster mother, who loved her dearly for four years!

2 comments:

  1. It seems as though she is getting more comfortable! It is great even through the pictures to watch her coming out of her shell and getting more confident! Just can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the progress. She is precious!

    ReplyDelete