Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I interrupt this adoption blog to tell you about....... MEXICO!

H.O. and I had the unexpected opportunity to go to Mexico last week.  H.O. called from work two weeks ago and asked, "Do you think we could go to Mexico next week?"  I was a bit shocked!!  H.O. had been given this opportunity through his work and it was free to us.  Anyone who knows us knows that we are planners, not spur of the moment people, but who can refuse a trip to the Caribbean??  So, I called my wonderful mother and ran the idea by her and she said she would be happy to watch the children.  Did I mention how wonderful my mother is??  So, we quickly began preparing for MEXICO!  We had a wonderful, relaxing time!  The trip also included a trip to Tulum, which are Mayan ruins, and Xel Ha, a lagoon where we snorkeled.  We saw lots of beautiful and colorful fish.  The children and I had just studied Mayan ruins at the beginning of the school year so it was fun to see them in person.  I took pictures to show the children what we had been studying.  We saw LOTS of iguanas, H.O. tried hard to touch one, but they were too quick!  Now, we are back home and ready for our Travel Approval to come so we can prepare to leave for China!!





No comments:

Post a Comment