There are many experiences I hope I never forget. My absolute favorite memory was from a late night in February. Abby was in pain, she was still in traction. She was lying in bed with tears running down the side of her face. It BROKE my heart. The nurses had told me to try to not let Abby see me cry it would make it harder for her ( I tried but was not always successful). Abby only knew three English songs: the ABC song, Happy Birthday and Jesus Loves Me. As she cried I stroked the side of her face and began humming "Jesus Loves Me", she stopped crying, opened her eyes, looked up at me and said, "Mommy, Jesus loves me???" "Yes, sweetheart He does", a small smile came across her face, she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep. How special! This is a little girl who three months before had never heard of Jesus, didn't know of His love, but yet she was experiencing His love for her in the miracles He was performing in her life.
God has allowed us to have amazing bonding time. I have experienced many life stages with Abby in a short amount of time. She was completely dependent upon me for her needs. I was allowed to dress and feed her and many other needs that an adoptive mother of a ten year old misses out on when you miss those baby stages. Carrie Anne stayed with us for many days in a row during the last couple of weeks at the rehab center. She and Abby have formed a bond that I did not expect. They are very close, MUCH closer than they were before Abby's hospitalization. What a sweet sister bond they now have. I love watching them together. God is so good!
We are glad to have our family together again! Life is BUSY! We are trying to adjust to a new normal, getting into full swing on homeschooling and juggling LOTS of doctors and therapy appointments. But, at the end of the day our family gathers around the dinner table together and we all sleep under the same roof and that makes this mommy, one happy momma!
We thank everyone who has prayed for us. We have felt God's amazing love. We know He has not held our hand through this experience, He has carried us through it in His loving arms. Abby's life is a miracle! I say that as her mommy, but we have had numerous doctors, nurses and surgeons say the same. I am amazed God chose us to be a part of this sweet girls life and watch as the pages are turned on her life. A new chapter is beginning for Abby. I know God has great things planned for Abby, as she will be a living testimony of His goodness.
I leave you with some pictures of our time at the rehab. center in the springtime. God's creation is beautiful. If we had to be in a rehab center during springtime, it certainly was a beautiful place to be!
Carrie Anne has been the worlds best sister!! She has been a true blessing to me!
Abby with some of her wonderful therapist and nurses! They treated her with such love!
Abby loved the therapy bike!
Shauna
ReplyDeleteThis leaves me in tears-such a sweet journey your family has been on-oh my, the strength He has provided, the healing, the NO CP!!! That is so huge-but the Healing-simply amazing!
43 days away from home-I am sure you are all thrilled to be home, and reajdusting-may the times of family life be sweet and peaceful!!
Lots of love
Shauna,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to see that you guys are at home!
Brian was just asking me how Abby was doing. She's still smiling! Praise GOD! SO glad to hear your good news! She is a miracle! It will be neat to see her life story unfold.
Angela