Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A difference for that one...


While at the beach watching Abby have a great time searching for the "perfect" shell I was reminded of the poem, "The Starfish".



The Starfish 


One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a little girl picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the little girl, he asked, "What are you doing?"

The girl replied, "Throwing starfish back into the ocean. 
The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them back, they'll die."
The man said, "don't you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can't make a difference!"
After listening politely, the little girl bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf.
Then, smiling at the man, she said...
"I made a difference for that one."





Did we make a difference for Abby?  Yes, she was one of the 147 million orphans in the world now she is part of our family.  But, did she make a difference to us?  Absolutely!  We are a better family with Abby in it.

Today marks six months since Abby became, Abigail Huang Fu Harcum!  Wow, it's hard to believe six months have passed!  In a way it seems like just yesterday we were in China meeting her but, for the most part it seems like I have known her for years.  Oh, how I love that sweet girl!  Only God can knit hearts together in the way in which we love her.  My heart soars when she wraps her arms around mine and looks at me and says, I love you!

All children are truly a blessing from the Lord!



1 comment:

  1. OH. MY. GUH-RACIOUS!!!! I just read what happened!! Praise you LORD for sustaining her life until she was in your arms and you were able to get her the treatment that she needs!! Wow! What an incredible story!!!

    ReplyDelete