Thursday, November 17, 2011

IN AWE

As a christian I know there are no "coincidences" everything happens by the hand of God. 

When we told our families, a year and a half ago, that we were going to adopt, H.O.'s brother said he would love to travel with us to China!  This summer he renewed his passport and asked if we had an idea of when we were going to travel.  We told him we hoped in December, but it could be November or January.  Adoption is SO unpredictable!!  At times I would think it depends on the US gov't., or the Chinese gov't, but no, it does not, it is all in Gods perfect timing.  He reserved his vacation time for the beginning of December, and we hoped it would all work out.  When we received our Travel Approval, our agency said we would probably leave either Dec. 1st or 8th, they would let us know in a week.  Well,  if we were to leave on Dec. 1st it would work for my brother-in -law to travel with us, if it was the 8th it would not.  Our agency called the next day and said we would be leaving on.... Dec. 1st and would be gone for two weeks.  The exact same time my brother-in-law had scheduled his vacation time months ago.  Wow!  Only God could orchestrate that!!   Everything had to fall into perfect place and timing~no human, or government can do that.  Coincidence??  No, only God!

Then...

Another Wow!

We live in a very small town.  Hmm, I don't think it classifies as a "town".  You could put the name of our "town" on the front and back of the same road sign.  Our "town" has 2 gas stations, an auto repair shop, a vet, and a post office, that's it.  I drive 20 minutes to go to a real town to do my shopping.  We love our quiet simple life in the country.  Well, I went into the post office this week and the lady behind the desk said, I have something for you.  I thought hmm,  I'm not expecting a package.  She walked over to the bulletin board and grabbed a note and handed it to me.  On the piece of paper a lady had jotted me a note.  It had a web address from a lady that was visiting the post office in our "town" but works teaching and working in a foster home in China!  The clerk at the post office and this lady and her husband started talking and they shared what they do and the clerk said Wow! we have a family in our community that is in the process of adopting from China.  Talk about a small world!  When I saw the name of the foster home I immediately recognized it from different online forums that I visit, and I knew the lady from chatting with her on forums!!  Even bigger Wow!  In our tiny little country post office God united me with a lady that works with orphans in China!  Only God could orchestrate that!  Come to find out her parents live here in our little "town" and she was here visiting them.  She is back in China now.  It has been fun to chat with her through email.

Coincidence???  Absolutely not!!  I stand amazed... only God!

No comments:

Post a Comment